[Dixielandjazz] Re:POP RECORD SALES

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 10:34:08 PST 2003

Don't know if I can start a new thread this way, but here goes. Has anyone
noticed the news on pop record sales falling? USA Today and WSJ both had long
articles. The "problem" named is the free swapping services as Napster once was
(and is coming back in PA now). Supposedly they're stealing sales from the
record companies. But I wonder. The older folks sales seem to be still growing
due to endless "oldie but goodie" collections. Is there another message here?
How far out can you go with noise and chanting (called rap) before its appeal
collapses from lack of creativity? Perhaps some of the knowledgeable out there
on the list would like to comment.

Dan (piano fingers) Spink