[Dixielandjazz] Jazz for kids

Michael Woitowicz banjobarons at nconnect.net
Thu Nov 6 17:15:17 PST 2003

Bill,

My Banjo Barons Ragtime Band quartet did a High School program about two
weeks ago. If you're interested, I've attached the play list which includes
some speaking notes regarding composers, shows, musical eras, etc. that I
used during the introductions. I printed them large so they were readable on
a music stand.

I set it up with a number of tune categories, and had two tunes in each
category as examples. It worked out great. I realize you're doing an
elementary school, but perhaps you can get some ideas from the attachment.

If you'd like, I could send you a copy of the actual program I put together
which was duplicated by the High School coordinator.

Mike Woitowicz
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
www.banjobarons.com

The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band