[Dixielandjazz] Jazz for kids

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 6 14:04:38 PST 2003

We're fleshing it out now Bill. A short description of each instrument, then
all the different sounds one can make with them, then how they communicate
among each other and the audience in a jazz setting.

Rubber Ducky is fine as is Barney Song (kindergarten) and anything else they
might have heard  Some Disney songs, etc. We are getting a list of songs from
the schools now that are familiar to the kids.

What jazz is, very general, how a song can be jazzed up, (Twinkle Twinkle
Little Star) why we like to play jazz etc.

Interactive is important because of the shortness of their memory spans. I'm a
little nervous about the really young ones.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone