[Dixielandjazz] Who the Heck Is Nancy Giffin?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 20:37:58 PST 2003

Folks:  in our day to day life and busy comings and goings all of us forget
sometimes to stop and thank the many folks who we come in contact with that do
things unselfishly to help promote this music and many of the bands and
musicians on this list.

I am guilty as sin of it myself.  And I am ashamed and do hereby repent in
PRINT:

I mentioned in a post earlier today that I was going to give out forty Jazz
For Kids T-Shirts at a pre school drum clinic.

What I totally forgot to mention was that these darling shirts were designed
in the wee small hours of the morning by non other than a wonderful hard
working young lady on this list, that also did the excellent graphics work for My
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band CDs. & T-Shirts.  She also met an almost
impossible turnaround deadline to get them done as well, way beyond the call of
duty.

I highly recommend her design work and graphics for any and all who need
them, and she is worth whatever she charges you to do them and then some.  She is
an unwavering supporter of this music and many musicians and bands on this
list.

Nancy is very active with the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society and travels
to many other festivals to support OKOM as well.  She is a hard working
single Mom who still finds time to do these things for us and deserves a few
accolades from many of us who may have forgotten to thank her publicly for her very
valuable contributions to our programs and bands.

I would also like to thank my daughter in law Traci for staying at work late
and cranking the T-shirts out for us at the last minute and even delivering
them to us, and all at her actual costs for the shirts.

Now that folks is real support for OKOM in areas that we too often forget.

Thank you Nancy and Thank you Traci for all your support and invaluable help
this year.
It indeed was and is appreciated much more than I could and should have said.

Love and Hugs to both of you,

Tom  (Old Timers )Wiggins
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band
Ambassadors of American Culture