[Dixielandjazz] A date with Benny

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Fri May 30 17:04:34 PDT 2003

I enjoy most Benny Goodman, up through the early 1950s, but particularly: the
1929-1933 (foxtrot) Orchestra, the
"Bill Dodge" records, the
1930s trio-quartet (in part because I really like Teddy Wilson)
the 1935-early 1936 big band that has the guitar toward the front, only
partly because it sometimes does tasty stuff, as on "Goodbye".

--Sheik