[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Jubilee

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Tue May 27 15:45:35 PDT 2003

Hi Listmates:

I want to thank all who came by to see and hear the Silver Dollar Jazz Band and Dueling Piano. Special thanks go to those who bought my books and the band's CD's. We got a couple of invites due to our driving style and that makes us all feel as if the time in rehearsal was worth. Since the band has only been together 5 months we've come a long way in a short time.

Thanks to Dan Augustine for coming by, my old friends from the Jazzin' Babies Band in So. Calif., and even an old fraternity brother from USC!!

I can't say enough about the Rhythm Rascals. I saw them every chance I got and I was thrilled by the verve and audacity of their new clarinet player, Anita. This band should have its own TV show just like the Cullum Band.

Missed many bands I wanted to see because of our sked, but looking forward to next year!

Thank goodness the weather was relatively cool!

Burt Wilson
Silver Dollar Jazz Band