[Dixielandjazz] The JAZZ Discography CD-ROM by Tom Lord

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Thu May 22 04:04:58 PDT 2003

Hi Bob,

I have a copy of the Tom Lord discography on CD and can recommend it. Vast
amounts of information which is easily accessible via the various search
facilities - much easier than looking through a collection of books!

Searching by tune, artist, band leader, etc. is all possible and even multi
searches such as, "Did Arvin Smartass and Gloria Gropefinger record 'Goatburger
Stomp' together?" (in this example only the artists names have been changed,
the tune actually exists!). There is also the possibility of hour of fun
looking up silly song titles!

But seriously I found it very useful both for work and play. There are some
glitches in the thing but I understand that a new edition incorporating loads
of new information and corrections will be ready soon.

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,
U.K.