[Dixielandjazz] external ReWritable Drive

Chris Calabrese chris at jazzpiano.com
Wed May 21 03:21:41 PDT 2003

You need to install appropriate drivers to get the thing to work properly.
Windows ME will likely recognize the device as a generic CD ROM but may not
go further than that (just because it's ME compatible doesn't mean that ME
has the drivers preinstalled). It should have come with a CD ROM containing
drivers. I took a look at I/O's website for the latest drivers and it looks
like they have Windows 98 SE drivers there; I can't tell you if they will
work with ME or not, so I would try installing the drivers from the CD ROM
first. The unit should be backwards compatible with your older USB ports,
although you may not get 24X write speed. Since you're running ME I'm 99.9%
sure you're using USB 1.x (unless you bought a new computer and loaded ME on
it--I hope that's not the case).

~ Chris Calabrese