[Dixielandjazz] Re: Spelling for Don Stuart

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Tue May 20 09:33:15 PDT 2003

Dear Rebecca,
I suspect that the web site spelling is wrong.
It would not be the first (or last) time fellow musicians have misspelt a
colleague's name.
I get all manner of spellings of my name from people who have known me for
years.
 And you should see how they spell Haesler.
8>)
I have known Don (and his mother, late father and brothers) since he was knee
high to a grasshopper and it has always been Stewart to me.
Of course he MAY have decided to change the spelling, as Norrie has suggested.
Or I have been wrong all these years.
Something for our man on the spot, Mick Potter, to ferret out and verify.
Kind regards,
Bill.