[Dixielandjazz] Editing

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Thu May 15 11:24:36 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/15/03 7:58:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
texasjazzlover at yahoo.com writes:

> Why is it so hard for the majority of DJMLers to edit their reply messages?
> There is no need to resend everyone's reply.

A very good suggestion Rebecca, but also should be applied to take some
initiative in highlighting and copying the comment that sparked the response.
 Sometimes, tracking the thread gets very complicated.  With AOL one can sort
the messages by clicking either: Date, E-mail Address, or Subject at the top
of your mailbox window.  This helps, but often seeking the original message
becomes complicated since it is sorted alphabetically and the "Re:" part
becomes added after the original bessage..  In other mailing lists, the
threads are linked, but I kind of prefer the DJML format over that in spite
of the thread chasing complications.

Bud Taylor
Smugtown Stompers
Rochester, NY