[Dixielandjazz] Buddy Bolden Discography by Dave Radlauer

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Thu May 15 11:05:14 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/15/03 8:29:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu writes:

> >From: "Richard Broadie" <richard.broadie at gte.net>
> >To: "Bill Haesler" <bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au>
> >Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Re:  Comic book writers as OKOM fans
> >Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 23:40:48 -0700
> >
> >Speaking of.... "Sure beats discography, eh Bill?"
> >
> >Does anyone have Buddy Bolden's complete discography?  Can't seem to find
> it
> >on-line.
> >Dick

I received a 2 CD recording of a 2 hr radio broadcast by Dave Radlauer
intitled, Imaging Buddy Bolden, a year or so back.  This is the closest
you'll find to a recording by Buddy Bolden.  This was "Not for Sale" and may
be available by phoning (415) 826-4885.  It was discussed on DJML at the
time, since that is how I found out about it.  It is an imaginative
experiment in reconstructing what Buddy Bolden may have sounded like.  If
anyone is interested, I could create MP3 files of these CD's and pass them
on.  I'm not sure if Dave is still contributing to DJML, but if you are...let
me know if you have a problem with this suggestion.

Bud Taylor
Smugtown Stompers
Rochester, NY
Traditional Jazz since 1958