[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sacramento stuff

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Mon May 12 23:59:44 PDT 2003

>Dear Dan,
>Wot?
>No Australian bands?
>Kind regards,
>Bill.
**-----------------------------------------------------**
Bill and DJML--
     Gor blimey!  (Or words to that effect, stolen -- and probably
misremembered -- from Pogo comics.) More's the pity, yes.
     The SacJazz website at http://www.sacjazz.com/performers.html
admits only of these International Bands:

Big Band Trio and Jumpin' Jive Orchestra - Victoria, Canada
Climax Jazz Band - Toronto, Canada
Fat Sam's Band - Edinburgh, Scotland
Hot Jazz Band - Budapest, Hungary
Greentown Jazz Band - Ljubljana, Slovenia
Jazzin' Jacks - Helsingbord, Sweden
Paco Gatsby - Guatemala City, Guatemala
Zenith Hot Stompers - Oxfordshire, England

     It's a cry and a shame, it is.  Some of the best OKOM comes from
Oz, it does. I've got a number of LP's and CD's from there (almost
all the Society Syncopators), and need more.  As (again) one of the
Pogo characters says, "I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if only
i could write, if only he could read."  I think they had some (or
one) last year (Fireworks?).  I guess i'll have to come down under to
hear some, and after i retire next year, i may just do that some year.

     Dan

--
**  Dan Augustine     Austin, Texas     ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu  **
**    "I believe I will dip my pink-and-white body in yon Roman tub.  **