[Dixielandjazz] FW: Frank D'Annolfo Update

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Tue May 13 09:08:08 PDT 2003

Dear friends,
The following was sent to me from another list, and may be of interest to some
of you.
Kind regards,
Bill.

Frank D'Annolfo died on Monday, May 5th, 2003 at the age of 95.

In the 1930's, Frank played with the bands of Eddie Duchin, Bunny Berigan, and
Tommy Dorsey.

>From 1939 to 1941, He played with Glenn Miller's great band.

>From 1942 on up, he played with Charlie Spivak's fine orchestra.

In 1950, he joined Guy Lombardo And His Royal Canadians where he remained until
1958.  He played 1st trombone in the band during that time.  He appeared on all
of Guy Lombardo's MCA-TV Television shows and can be seen taking a solo on a
number of selections.

Frank was one of the best, and he was such a grand part of the orchestra we have
come to know and love. He truly helped make "The Sweetest Music This Side Of
Heaven!" even sweeter.  Stay tuned to the June Issue of "The Tempo" for an
article on Frank's death.

We'll miss you, Frank.

That's all for now,

--------