[Dixielandjazz] RE: OKOM in Chicago?

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sun May 11 22:27:54 PDT 2003

Ah, yes, Stan McDonald.

I know him pretty well too.  I have been following the New Black Eagles
since early 1972 and when Stan left, I ended up seeing his band, the
Blue Horizon a number of times, sat in a few times and even subbed for
their trombonist when he couldn't make it a few times.  The Sherborn
Inn, where Stan holds forth on a Tuesday and the Eagles on a Thursday,
is a rather elegant restaurant.  The food is quite artfully presented
and on the rare occasions I could scrape up enough money to eat there I
thought it was quite good.

Ron