[Dixielandjazz] trombones

Randy Fendrick jfendrick at bak.rr.com
Sun May 11 10:41:34 PDT 2003

Hey, I have played a 3B since I got out of the navy in 1961 and bought
my first 3B for $275.00.  About 7 years ago, I dropped my 3B off a
stand and dented the slide, so I needed a substitute horn and found a
6H for $150.00.  Plays well, has a great slide and I like the sound.  I
use a Bach 42B for symphony work that I paid $250.00 for in 1970.
Great horn just finished playing Evita for 2 weeks, dropped a 2G mouth
piece in it and it was a bass trombone.  The point of all this is I
agree with Jim, you don't need to pay top dollar for horns, just find
one that suits you,
later,
Randy Fendrick