[Dixielandjazz] Re: Wayne Jones

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 09:35:20 PDT 2003

on 5/6/03 6:26 PM, Bill Haesler at bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au wrote:

> Wayne also happens to be one of the best jazz drummers around.

    You've got that right!

    Wayne was hospitalized several months ago with an irregular heart beat.
Word went around that "Wayne Jones had an irregular beat."  Everyone
laughed.  How preposterous!  Wayne Jones simply could not play with an
irregular beat!  Not even on purpose!

    (But I'll never get used to those cymbals.  He says he found them in an
ashcan in an alley.  And I gotta say: they sound like it!)

    Wayne is unique.  One of a kind.  Broken mould.  All that.

Charlie