[Dixielandjazz] Natty Dominique

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 09:26:18 PDT 2003

on 5/6/03 6:16 PM, Jim Denham at james at jiming.demon.co.uk wrote:

> the Vic Dickensons's, the Frankie Newtons?
> Well, some of us remember them, and still applaud their virtuosity. That is
> what this list is about.

    Yeah, I played a set with Vic Dickenson (and, come to think of it, Beebe
was also there) at the Big Horn in Mundelien, IL. back in--I think--1973 or
maybe '74.  I can't account for my impression of him: maybe he was more than
a bit overserved; but, then again, maybe he always sounded that way.  But I
thought I was playing next to some guy with a garden hose and a mouthpiece.

puzzled,
Charlie