[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Book Club

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Wed May 7 09:46:40 PDT 2003

At 12:43 AM 5/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>More details, and a full list of the books
>published, is in "The Guinness Jazz Companion" by Peter Clayton and
>Peter Gammond...

Hi Fred. There's a book that cries for reprinting. In my opinion, the
single best non-discographical book on our music for any non-expert. I did
a one-paragraph review of it in TR some years ago.

>I have adapted these comments from a series of book reviews I wrote,
>which appeared in "Tailgate Ramblings", the monthly publication of the
>Potomac River Jazz Club. I am considering putting these together with
>others I have compiled in a book entitled "Jazz Reference Books. A
>Selected Check List". I would be interested in knowing  whether any DJML
>members consider this a worthwhile project. Regards
>Fred

Jeez, why can't I remember your reviews? When did they appear?
Definitely a worthy project.
Might be something for me to include in the brief bibliography on my
"hobby" page

http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit

As I note there, my lists and links are intended to jump-start one's
search, since others have made it their task to be comprehensive.

Cheers!
--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Chord Books, Bands)
eMail: dwlit at cpcug.org