[Dixielandjazz] Jack Tracy

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Tue May 6 12:32:27 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/5/2003 11:24:48 PM Central Standard Time,
drjz at bealenet.com writes:

> Jack Tracy was Leonard Feather's co-author of "Laughter from the Hip.
> The Lighter Side of Jazz", published in   1963 by Horizon Press, and
> reprinted in 1979 by Da Capo, which has no further information about him
> in the"blutb". Regards.
> Fred

  Jack Tracy contacted me and reports that he was the Editor of Downbeat
magazine in the 50s and produced a number of jazz recordings for various
companies.  I recall now that I had some of those recordings and Mr. Tracy
did excellent work.

Jim Beebe