[Dixielandjazz] western swing bands revisited

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 15:19:27 PDT 2003

If I'm not mistaken, Danny Alguire (later trumpet with the Firehouse 5+2)
was probably the trumpet man on that record. I once worked a gig with Danny
in the wilds of Oregon with Dave Wierbach and Ed Herrnans where the owner of
the roadhouse had a few Bob Wills records on the ancient jukebox. He did so
in Danny's honor. I also remember the gig because it was the first time I
had ever gigged with Danny and after my first solo he whispered to me,
"Well...you're honest." Which I later found out was praise. Always remember
that.

Burt Wilson
Silver Dollar Jazz Band