[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 3, Issue 50

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 29 15:19:03 PST 2003

> "Bob Romans" <cellblk7 at attbi.com> wrote
>

> Any of you jazz musicians injure yourselves while playing? Or from playing
> too much? Long but interesting post.
>
> From the Washington Post --By Stephanis Mencimer
>
> Tuba Lips, Guitar Nipples and Other Musical Maladies (snip)

To say nothing off all those jazz musicians who have gone, or are going crazy
because of all that back pressure created by blowing a brass instrument, or the
squeaks and squawks inherent in reeds, or the awful mind bending experience of
trying to play things you hear in you mind, that are impossible on your instrument.
I'd settle for "Guitar Nipples" any day. ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone