[Dixielandjazz] The Puritans

Bill Horton horton4jaz at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 25 18:12:47 PST 2003

Someone, rather pointlessly, posted the question, "Where is everybody?" and
another DJMLer answered that they were probably glued to TV watching
progress of the war.  Then two others objected to that likely observation,
piously reminding us that the DJML should be limited to comments about jazz.

I would guess (and hope) that a large majority of members of this list
consider war to be considerably more important and interesting than who
played string bass on some obscure 1934 recording of a tune they've never
heard.  We suffer a lot of the latter without complaint, but let some
listees post 3 or 4 lines thanking the Brits and Aussies for their support
in ridding the world of a murderous menace and they are lectured by the List
Puritans!

Musical context:  "Over There!"

Bill Horton