[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Musician's Middle Eastern Fake Book

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Sun Mar 23 01:13:29 PST 2003

Say, Bob,

It's "Yassir, that's my Bibi". But that worked better when Benyamin "Bibi" Netanyahu was the Prime Minister a few years ago. I'm
holding onto the song, though, in case he comes back.

In those good old days, we used to have "Paddlin' Madeline (Albright) Home"and "Won't you go home, Bill Clinton". A change in
administration sure can ruin your repertoire. But then again, now we can do "Just an old Saddam keeps Georgie on my mind". And
"Who's Sorry Now", "Someday Sweetheart" and "Goody, Goody" are always good for something. I play them after elections, and I tell
the audience they can apply them to whoever they want to, 'cause I do a non-partisan show.

Tonight I went to see "Chicago" again. I was right. It's a FUN show. The second time was as good as the first. And after learning
half a dozen of the songs from the CD, I had to restrain myself from singing along. The Ministry of Jazz, Jerusalem, gives it 4
Magen Davids.

Shalom to all,

Elazar