[Dixielandjazz] Alex

Bryan Livett livett at rogers.com
Sat Mar 22 17:43:30 PST 2003

Hi Ivor:  My "bag" is straight ahead small group jazz but on checking my
fake books I found the chorus for Alexander's Ragtime Band (Irving Berlin).
In answer to your question re verse/chorus I think the verse is in C
modulating to F for the chorus.  (that's from my vague memories of playing
dixieland).

Chorus:
F///     F///     G7/C7/     F/ F7/

Bb///   Bb///   Bb///   Bb///