[Dixielandjazz] Chicago

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Thu Mar 20 10:34:32 PST 2003

But Anton, wasn't that the very point of the story? If so, wasn't the film all
the more successful for selling its own premise to a skeptical audience? I took
the whole thing as a tongue-in-cheek satire of the blurring of distinctions
between show business and real life, which I myself manage to do almost every
day. That's probably one of the reasons I loved it so much. And I thought
Richard Gere's  flashing between courtroom and stage during the trial scenes was
brilliant.

Elazar