[Dixielandjazz] I Need Your Help

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 06:37:16 PST 2003

Hi Rae Ann,

This Monty Sunshine is not quite as Tom Wood reported. The actual details are
as follows:-

Monty Sunshine - Clarinet; Alan Gresty - Trumpet; Johnny Beecham - Trombone;
Barry Dew - Banjo / Vocal; Tony Bagot - Bass; Geoff Downs - Drums. Recorded
3rd April 1985. Originally issued on Stomp Off LP 1110 and later reissued as
Lake LACD47 which incidently I have in stock.

This must be the session although it was 18 rather than 25 years ago as I do
not think the band recorded the listed tracks twice identically.

Incidently Monty Sunshine does not play at all now because of ill health.
Also Geoff Downs had a severe stroke some time ago and is now in a wheel
chair and cannot play. I was chatting to him about 2 weeks ago at a jazz
weekend.

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,