[Dixielandjazz] Listening suggestions?

David Palmquist davidpalmquist at dccnet.com
Sat Mar 8 16:38:52 PST 2003

Small group work?

Dave Brubeck and Paul Desmond - Take 5 (not sure which CD's you'll find
this, but I put it in the essential category).
Ellington and Johnny Hodges - Play the Blues Back to Back
Ellington and Ray Brown - This One's for Blanton
Dick Hyman and Ruby Braff - Play Nice Tunes
Blue Reverie (from Goodman's 1938 Carnegie Hall concert)

Slightly larger ensembles?
Ellington's CD Blues in Orbit, particularly Track 360

David in Delta