[Dixielandjazz] Re: Listening suggestions?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 9 10:53:13 PST 2003

Dear Dave,
I am pleased that you will be using your knowledge of the 'old' stuff to give
the 'kids' the necessary (essential) background to jazz playing and listening.
You did not mention this in your original post and, going on what happens here
too frequently, I was afraid that you belonged to the 'jazz started in 1956 with
Miles' group of educators.
No need for me to provide any suggestions. Other DJMLers have already helped
with this.
It sounds as though you are on the ball.
Good luck with the endeavour.
Very kind regards,
Bill.