[Dixielandjazz] Trombone Questions

william crist mensa-1 at webtv.net
Fri Mar 7 20:07:03 PST 2003

I just bought an alto trombone and was wondering if any listmates play
or have played an alto. It is slightly smaller than a tenor , but
doesn't seem to be much different in pitch.

I have a King Liberty 2b that my folks bought me in 1947 ,  when I was
in high school ,  and it is a great horn.

I also have a Couesnon valve trombone that I bought about 35 years ago.
I can't find out much about it and was wondering if any listmates know
anything about them.  It shows made in Paris and the number 54770 ( I
assume that is the serial number )  I did a check on Google and didn't
come up with much.
Any information would be much appreciated.
TIA
Bill Crist