[Dixielandjazz] Re: Mardi Gras

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Wed Mar 5 16:44:36 PST 2003

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:11:04 -0500 Stephen Barbone
<barbonestreet at earthlink.net> writes:

> Barbone Street had 6 mardi gras gigs in the past 3 days. The usual
> suspects in the "A" band version did three, and I subbed out 3 other
> gigs under our name at different venues because of time conflicts.
> One of which was the Red Lion Band (Tex Wyndham's local group) with
> a clarinet sub for me.
>
>  etc...

We drove 300 miles to hear Steve last night (among other reasons), and I
can confirm everything he has said about the fun his band has and how
well they are received. They're well worth listening to, so if you ever
get a chance, don't miss them!

Jerry Gordon, Troy, NY - Web master for
http://www.timesunion.com/communities/jazz