[Dixielandjazz] Mecca Flat Blues

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 14:34:29 PST 2003

John;

According to the liner notes to the CD "Claire Austin Sings "When Your Lover
Has Gone"", Mecca Flat Blues was written by Jimmy Blythe who recorded it in
1925 backing up singer Priscilla Stewart.

Albert Ammons would have been around 19 at that time - he was born in 1906.

Stan
Stan Brager
Trombonist-in-Training