[Dixielandjazz] Mecca Flat Blues

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Mon Mar 3 16:30:07 PST 2003

As advised earlier, I have just posted a MIDI file of this tune on my
website. The idea for it came from Louis Mazetier's latest CD which he
kindly sent me, the liner notes state that the tune was written by Albert
Ammons.

However here is a snippet from a message which just arrived : "Thanks for
your latest MIDI file of the classic 12 bar "Mecca Flat Blues".  However,
the Anderson Fake Book credits James Blythe, Steve Graham and Alexander
Robinson with the composition instead of Albert Ammons." Can anyone confirm
who in fact composed it?

John Farrell
stridepiano at tesco.net