[Dixielandjazz] the relativity of music math

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Mon Jun 30 17:14:37 PDT 2003

I knew I almost flunked math for a reason.  Thank you for your most profound
and appropriate correction to my humble submission!

Congratulations in having such a successful career.  I came from a world of
playing in bankrupt hotels where I eventually got paid off in color TV sets
and bedroom furniture as the only means of available compensation.  Could
tell you a funny story about the local police who suspected me being a fence
for a burglar until they heard my explanation of selling these things out of
my home.

I had many seasons playing at private clubs where I was very well paid with
no difficulties.  With two autistic sons to raise with my wonderful wife,
Sharon, we were pretty much restricted from doing any traveling whatsoever.
I used to brag about being world famous for my anonymity.  I still do!  :-)
Dick B