[Dixielandjazz] the relativity of music math

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jun 30 13:11:33 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----

From: "Richard Broadie" <richard.broadie at gte.net>

To: "DJML" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>

Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2003 9:50 PM

Subject: [Dixielandjazz] the relativity of music math

I hereby postulate the following formula re: the relativity of musical

mathematics.

E=MC2

whereby E equals elements,

M equals music,

C equals crummy pay for playing said elements of music and

2 represents the squares who insist on "Deep in the heart of Texas" or

"Crazy" in the middle of a jazz set.

That's as far as I've advanced in music math.

Dick Broadie>>

HI Dick:

Having started out in the Texas School system I can relate to the way they
teach mathematics in those parts, and no matter what the job was in Texas it
always = crummy pay, and that was before I ever even started thinking about music
and money.

Fortunately my family moved to California where they use a different
mathematics system so I postulate the following revision to your formula:

E=MC2

Whereby:

E= elements

M= music that attracts and pleases large crowds of fun loving folks, squares
included, which most of them really are if they have not been blessed with a
musical mathematics degree.

C= constant rebooking, and constant increases in great money for playing
music all around the world, living well and doing exactly what I wanted to do in
life, quit my day gig and go play music and make a great living doing it.

2=  The over two million people that I have been fortunate to entertain at
concerts and festivals just since 1997 at least 2 times at most festivals
including the (2 squares in every audience that request Marchin the Saints with a
$20.00 bill in their hand to buy the CD).   And $2.00 to purchase the outdated
Texas mathematics textbook you got your formula from so I can burn it before
anyone else uses it.  :)

Entertainingly yours,

Tom Wiggins
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band