[Dixielandjazz] The NUN Gig

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jun 30 03:49:03 PDT 2003

Another good Fun gig with satisfied clilentele,  and a description of how and
why it was successful.

It proves once again to all us Jazzers and entertainers that it really is:

Not about Us but about Them  the audience, they hire us to make them dance
feel good and forget their troubles for a while, unwind and relax, let their
hair down or whatever.

They may even have been a bunch of Squares as Nuns might be considered, but
they paid for the party and got what they expected and obviously much more or
there would not have been two paid overtime encores.

So by all means Play it again Sam, or Steve or Bud or Charlie, of Bob or Tom
Bob  just give em what they want or something very close to it and the
reciprocal gigs will come in from the word of mouth and 150 Nuns or squares or red
necks or whatever they are telling everyone they know about you and your muisic
and how much fun they had.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Marching Concert Funeral Dance Band
If we can't do it then you don't want it,
Request : Do you know your monkey's testicles are in my beer?
No but if you can humm a few bars of it we can fake it.