[Dixielandjazz] Bio

John Jamieson jamie at surfnetusa.com
Sat Jun 28 16:38:04 PDT 2003

My bio won't be of much interest to a DJML member, I'm not a musician, I
just enjoy listening and dancing to the music. Here goes.

I was born in Taunton Massachusetts in 1933. In 1947 my family moved to the
Los Angeles. I joined the Army in 1950 and served in Korea. Worked in
Airfield construction as a draftsman and chief draftsman. In 1953, after the
Army hitch I went to work for Lockheed in Burbank as a machinist apprentice.
Was married in July of 1956. I transferred to Sunnyvale in 1957 to work for
Lockheed's Missiles and Space division. Did a variety of things at Lockheed:
machinist, tool designer, liaison, scheduling, programming and for the last
15 years operated a project library. Retired from Lockheed in 1989. I need
to mention that over the years we raised 4 girls and moved a few times
ending up in Felton Ca.

Prior to retirement I didn't have much interest in music, guess I was too
busy. Then after retirement (1989), on a trip to Los Angeles my wife's
sister and her husband took us to a dixieland society meeting. The guest
band was the Hot Frogs, it was very exciting, we were hooked. On return home
we looked up the local Dixieland societies and we have been regulars ever
since. In August of 2000 the Monterey Hot Jazz Society needed an editor. It
was something I could do and I figured that it was about time I give
something back in return for all the fun we have been having so I
volunteered. I am enjoying the task and plan to continue with it till I am
asked to leave. I lurk in the DJML, it's a learning experience.

jamie at surfnetusa.com
Editor, Monterey Hot Jazz Society News Letter (HotNotes)
http://www.surfnetusa.com/jamie/hotnotes

---