[Dixielandjazz] Math & Music

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 28 16:40:25 PDT 2003

T Cash Wiggins wrote:

"But I don't think Louis did it that way nor Jelly Roll, or Art Tatum,
or Bix, or
countless other great musical geniuses of our lifetime."

Probably not, they probably just winged it like the rest of us. However,
since the advent of the computer age, it is pretty much a given that
almost everything can be explained "mathematically".

Perhaps all those genius musos thought in "binary" terms without ever
realizing it.

Hey, maybe that "Miles quote" is a mathematical certainty kind of thing.
;-)

Cheers,
Steve