[Dixielandjazz] music/personality

fred spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Thu Jun 26 21:56:37 PDT 2003

  Thanks  for this, I deserved it! My "schizo" was not intended as a
pejorative comment aimed at Snogpitch or any other member of a well
rounded group with preferences "split" among different types of music.
My combined brevity and a hatred of typing (my big fingers never seem to
fit the keyboard) make for my sometimes abbreviated prose. The point
about "jazz' was not to start a discussion, but to show how the very
foundation of this study is flawed by an inability to define one, or
more, categories of music, e. g. jazz. Can you expect to equate the
personalities of someone who enjoys dixieland with a lover of modal jazz
- obviously not or why should  there be a DJML?  I still believe
that.this study, and so many others, fit the "publish or perish" efforts
that fill the columns of scientific journals that have minimal,
credibile, review criteria. Enow! Cheers
Fred