[Dixielandjazz] Sharkey Bonano and OKOM

Nickdragos at cs.com Nickdragos at cs.com
Thu Jun 26 21:18:51 PDT 2003

Dear Berry,

I hope you find Sharkey's version of "Ain't Gonna Give Nobody None Of My
Jelly Roll"...I'm coming up blank from my sources, too....but Sidney Bechet's
version from Blue Note is very tasty, too.......it's on "The Best Of Sidney Bechet"
Blue Note CDs, Index # CDP 7243 8 28891 2 0, released in 1994.

However, after your search, check out a wonderful compilation of Sharkey's
recordings from the Timeless label:

"Sharkey Bonano", Timeless Records, Index # CBC 1-001 JAZZ, released in 1991
& still available....swingin' syuff from 1928 to 1937, with Eddie Condon,
Irving Fazola, George Brunies, Santo Pecora & more...lots of "Our Kind Of
Music"...OKOM.

Regards, and good luck again.....

Nick Dragos, Sacramento, California USA
NickDragos at cs.com