[Dixielandjazz] Sharkey Bonano and OKOM

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Thu Jun 26 17:14:11 PDT 2003

Berry says:

> I'm new on this list and not aware of all the rules and regulations.

Berry, and other new members, to learn about the do's & don'ts (DJML
accepted procedure), I suggest that you go to

http://www.islandnet.com/djml/faq.html

FAQ is Frequently asked questions.  This will give you lots of info about
DJML.

> This week I have been reading all the comments on Peanuts Hucko with great
interest and I am still amazed about the fact that so many afficianados are
able to start so many digital fights about Art Tatum.

Berry, they are not fights, they are discussions.

> Maybe, in all your knoweledge end wisdom you can help me. I am looking fot
a LP-record of CD of Sharkey Bonano, which I used to play in my younger
years. It contains a song, performed by a female singer, with lyrics in
French and English. The songlyrics - in a way - go like: : 'Nobody is gonna
give me a piece of this jelly roll',
> or something like that.

I'll guess that it might be the song "Ain't Gonna Give Nobody None of this
Jellyroll."  As far as the LP, I'm sure someone on the List will have that
info for you.

> I could not find any information on the lists of CD-Universe, Amazon etc.
>
> And further on.....I keep reading the term 'OKOM'.

OKOM, "Our kind of Music" refering in general to the type of music that we
all like, Dixieland, Traditional Jazz, early Swing, Ragtime, etc.  This
term, along with others are explained in the DJML FAQ.

Welcome to DJML.

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
DJML Moderator