[Dixielandjazz] Another tuba bio

Hoog, Steve Steve.Hoog at rockhurst.edu
Thu Jun 26 15:09:03 PDT 2003

I did the whole college music thing, a teaching undergrad (U of MO-KC) and Tuba Performance Master's (U of Akron, OH).  I really think I learned more about playing tuba by listening to Ralph Gruegel's Eagle JB and Dick Pecher's Earlville JB than in 18th Century Theory classes.

Born and raised near St Louis, living in Kansas City most of the time since 1979. Nothing steady, no regular band even, but if it needs a tuba give me a call--orchestra, concert band, OKOM band, quintet, whatever, it's always great to play tuba.  Working at a college doing AV stuff to make a living, such as it is.

I'm an "original" DJML member, I think the 9th to join after Peter L started it up oh so many years ago.  Back for a while at least.  Tuba players, check out TubaEuph ---http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/TubaEuph

steve hoog
tubist, AV guy
KC, MO