[Dixielandjazz] Big Lip Blues

lswain at penrose.com lswain at penrose.com
Tue Jun 24 13:25:53 PDT 2003

Meg and Big George asked:

    I am looking for a lead sheet for a tune I believe is entitled "Fat
    Lip Blues."  I might have the title wrong; maybe it was "Big Lip
    Blues."  I have only heard it once, but I am eager to learn it.

    Does a listmate know of this tune, and have a lead sheet or recording
    of it?

I have seen "Big Lip Blues" listed all over the place via google, but
cannot find anywhere that I can listen to it.

If anyone can point me to a Band-in-a Box file for it, I would be
grateful, as it's on a playlist for an upcoming gig that I will be
sitting in on (on piano) as a substitute with the New New Orleans
Jazz Band.

Larry Swain

L. R. Swain
Penrose, Inc.