[Dixielandjazz] Short Bio on Deby Lee

Deby Lee dlee at image-entertainment.com
Mon Jun 23 11:27:11 PDT 2003

Greetings listmates!

Well, let’s see here.  I began piano lessons at age 6 and continued until I
was 18.  I began clarinet in junior high school (I believe I was about 12
then) and continued with the marching band all through high school.  My
uncle gave me a “C” sax, and tried to learn, but didn’t do so well, so it
was given away as a gift.  I took up bass guitar around 1987, but sold it to
buy an electric guitar in it’s place.  I still have the guitar, but don’t
play it too much since I moved (the neighbors don’t like all that “noise”.)
I had a banjo my aunt loaned me for a while, and played with both she and my
mom in a small trio for a while, until it was figured out by the three of us
that Mom should play piano, my aunt Pat the banjo (she is in the Sacramento
Banjo Band), and I stick with the clarinet.  Things went much more smoothly
after that!  I was even able to partake in one paying gig, where I worked an
evening for a great dinner
 Yep, I will work for food!

I’m originally from Sacramento, and worked for 10 years for Tower records
before moving to beautiful Granada Hills (that’s next door to Northridge,
home of big earthquakes) in 2000.  My new job keeps me very busy, so as Mr.
Wonderful pointed out, I am now among a lot of list lurkers.  I try to read
up as much as I can, since being away from the list for about 2 years (how
sad!).

My birthday is coming up July 4th, and I will spend it with my mom and dad
in Sacramento.  If any of you have been able to meet mom, she’s still as
crazy as ever.  I’m planning on taking her to New Orleans for this
Thanksgiving holiday (Dad didn’t want to go), so we will be cruising on the
Natchez listening to the Dukes of Dixieland, checking out Preservation Hall,
and anything and everything that tickles our fancy while we are there.  I
visited the fine city in October of 2001, and have been longing to go back
to share it with mom.

Musical content: Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?

See you all at the 2004 F2F in Sacto!  (I just celebrated my 13th year as
volunteer there! Who says 13 is unlucky?  It was great!)

BTW, I plan to try to get to some San Fernando Valley jazz gigs in the
future.  I’m finally starting to figure out which street goes where!

Deby

Deby Lee
Corporate Sales Administrator
Western Region and Canada
Image Entertainment, Inc.
(818) 407-9100 x289

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off
your goal." - Henry Ford (1863-1947)