[Dixielandjazz] Re:Trumpet Evolution sound clips

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 23 11:24:01 PDT 2003

Dear Nancy,
Many thanks for the lead to the Arturo Sandoval sound-bites.
You have saved me about A$30.00.
I already have the originals and a few excellent 'sound-alike' tributes of the 3
real jazz titles.
Maybe we are fortunate here, but Australians like Bob Barnard, the late Tom
Baker, Peter Gaudion and Mal Jennings (to name several) did all that (much more
authentically) years ago, without any hype at all.
There are also great trumpet players in the UK and Europe doing it too.
Why all this fuss over one 'Trumpet Evolution' CD ?
If I need the modern stuff, I can get the originals too.
But being one eyed about jazz, with a 'vintage-trad' patch over the other, I
doubt that I will bother.
I am with Jazz Jerry on this one.
(Wot again? I must be mellowing.)
Just kidding mate.   8>)
Love 'n' regards,
Bill.
PS: No one has bothered to identify the other fine musicians on the Sandoval CD.
Why?