[Dixielandjazz] Smokers

John Petters jpettjazz at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 23 18:04:00 PDT 2003

Larry said
> Have you noticed that not as many people are attending your shows as
> before when they are in a smoky club?
>
> The only thing I have to say is that some people seem to take the
> attitude that I'll do what I want to do, and the hell with how it
> effects anyone else.  So what if it causes the next guy to have an
> asthma attack, I'm gonna do what I want and screw you.  Not a good
> way to to attract people to your concerts, by not giving a s--t about
> your fan's comfort and safety.

We had a big argument some time back about smoking at jazz venues. For the
past couple of years all venues under my direct control (I promote festivals
clubs concerts and riverboat shuffles) have been non smoking venues and the
working atmosphere for myself and my band  and our audience has been much
improved. Roll on the day when Tony Blair follows the excellent lead of
California and I think New York.

John Petters
www.traditional-jazz.com
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ