[Dixielandjazz] Art Tatum Still King

t.roper3 t.roper3 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 22 08:16:44 PDT 2003

With ref to Jazz Jerry comments re Mr Sandoval and Mr Hook's response.

I have collected OKOM recordings for some 54 years and until this latest
topic arose I had never heard of Mr Sandoval.  Perhaps its a British thing.

I shall certainly try to at least hear the recording mentioned as I
appreciate the knowledge of the contributors to this site.

However I feel that because a person is ignorant of a certain artiste it
should not be assumed that they are ignorant per se as seemed to be implied
by Mr Hook's response to Jazz Jerry's mail which clearly showed that, as
nobody had ever requested anything by Mr Sandoval , ignorance of his
existence is widespread, and if he's as good as appears from the comments
this should be addressed.

Terry Roper - I read all the mail and am fascinated by the exachanges but
regret my ignorance leaves me rarely able to offer constructive comments I'm
afraid.