[Dixielandjazz] Nix On Dementia & Drug Companies

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Sat Jun 21 16:48:08 PDT 2003

Bill Gunter writes:

> Is Bob missing something here?  I read the post on dementia and it seemed
> totally apropos here on the DJML.
>
> Those of us on the DJML are primarily in the business of playing and
> enjoying music. Any scientific study which shows that music has an effect
on
> mental health is, to my mind, absolutely ON TOPIC and deserves to be
> discussed freely on a forum [DJML] such as ours.
>
> So -- what could possibly be wrong with a thread such as this?

Bill and Listmates,

I did not object to Stan's first post & told him same in a private e-mail.
In fact, I told him that the subject was appropriate to DJML.

What I wanted to put a stop to was the opening salvo and projected bevy of
condemnation messages regarding drug companies.

I guess I should have made that a little more clear.

Bob (Listen to what I mean, not what I say) Ringwald