[Dixielandjazz] Nix On Dementia & Drug Companies

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 22:46:08 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Bob Ringwald wrote:

>Listmates,
>
>Rather than let an off-topic thread get started, let me say up front that
>discussion of dementia & drug companies is not related to Jazz or music and
>should not be discussed on DJML.
>
>If you wish to discuss the issues, please do it off-List.

Is Bob missing something here?  I read the post on dementia and it seemed
totally apropos here on the DJML.

Those of us on the DJML are primarily in the business of playing and
enjoying music. Any scientific study which shows that music has an effect on
mental health is, to my mind, absolutely ON TOPIC and deserves to be
discussed freely on a forum [DJML] such as ours.

So -- what could possibly be wrong with a thread such as this?

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com