[Dixielandjazz] Bill Salmond

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Jun 17 20:11:21 PDT 2003

Yeah, some anal retentive is cruising the list again. I got one  of those
virus-laden posts, but my IPS checks all mail first and they found an
illegal attachment and stripped it so I could read the message if I wanted
to. I never do, and simply hit the delete button. Seems to go in intervals,
clean posts for awhile, then some idiot with a computer and a personality
like De Sade tries to have fun at our expense. I have Norton up the kazoo
and keep it upgraded constantly.
Off to chase the wily trout this weekend with some idiot friends from all
over the US, and a few from UK and Germany from year to year for our annual
Trout Bum Bar B Q. Fly fishing is like jazz..it's all in the timing.
I would love to get over one of these days and may yet to Scotland to see
the place my family came from way back, and to cast a line or two for a
salmon or trout in those fine streams they have. The English beats, too,
would be  fable places to fish, but Scotland for obvious reasons would be
the first choice.
Bill, I so admire your wide range of knowledge about recorded jazz. You
would have loved to have spent some time with Joe Rushton, who was among the
most savvy on recorded early, classic jazz. Besides being a wonderful
character, he just knew his stuff when it came to early jazz of our
persuasion.
Well, good friend, keep up the wonderful posts -- I continue to learn at
each download. Here is one to try on you...Dave DeVore.
(Fun to stump the all-knowing, but not sure it will happen. I'll fill you in
if you miss this one, but based on past posts I think you'll be way ahead on
points.)
Best regards,
Don -- stand back, I'm my the way to the stream -- Ingle
PS -- you said you were going to ask me questions about the Cd's I sent you.
As away...