[Dixielandjazz] Edinburgh Festival

Tom Wood zenith at ans.com.au
Sat Jun 14 10:56:55 PDT 2003

Hi Listmates,

The 25th Edinburgh (25 July - 3 August 2003) Jazz Program is out now and I thought you may be interested to know the  American performers (only a few OKOM) and some others who are playing this year.

Wynton Marsalis Septet, Dionne Warwick, Carol Kidd, Scott Hamilton, Preston Reed, Adam Kolker, Warren Vache Quintet, Jake Hanna with Kenny Davern and John Allred, Jesse Davis, Barbara Morrison, River City Jazzmen, Natural Gas Jazz Band, 10th Avenue Band, and British stalwarts from the hit parades of yesteryear The Big Chris Barber and Humphrey Lyttelton Bands plus many other local groups and our Sydney-Zenith band described as:
These Antipodean wizards purvey a mix of rags, blues and stomps leavened with some down-under humour.  This high-energy seven-piece traditional group is as good as it gets for swinging traditional jazz with a big sound.

Also for anyone interested I take this opportunity to mention that we have finally updated our website which now gives the latest International Magazine CD reviews and information on our 2003 tour to India and Europe leaving 26 June.  This year includes playing at the Glasgow and Birmingham International Jazz Festivals in UK for the second time, Haugesund's International Tradjazz festival for the 4th time and the Edinburgh International Jazz Festival for the 7th time.
Cheers,
Tom Wood
zenith at ans.com.au
www.ans.com.au/~zenith